freetype

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 30 21:39:23 PDT 2007

On Mar 30, 2007, at 20:07, Elias Pipping wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2007, at 2:46 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> There was a ticket open about this. I had not upgraded the port
>> because I had some concerns, which are explained in the ticket:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/11520
>>
>> Do you have any comments on those concerns?
>
> I see. Awkward.
>
> What's "massive breakage" anyway? It does compile. It does
> appear to link correctly. I checked it to work by installing
> libotf, which links beautifully against freetype.
>
> So, if there *is* a problem I failed to see it.

I don't see a problem yet either... I'm trying to look up what the
problem was at the time.

Here I have a note from a bug which says that freetype 2.2.1 caused
problems for fontconfig 2.3.2:

http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/darwinports-bugs/2006-July/
019476.html

Perhaps those problems no longer exist in the current fontconfig
2.4.2. (I tried uninstalling and reinstalling fontconfig 2.4.2 after
upgrading to freetype 2.3.2 and that seemed to work ok.)

I'll see if I can uncover any other info about the problems that were
encountered back then...