Request to check that there is a bug in building cook

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 30 22:36:47 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if other people would be able to test for me
whether or not there is indeed a bug in the current version of cook
in dports, or whether I'm just missing something.  When I build it, I
get:

gcc -Ifile_check -Icommon  -g -O2 -c \
         file_check/file_check.c
file_check/file_check.c:31: error: static declaration of 'limit'
follows non-static declaration
file_check/file_check.h:29: error: previous declaration of 'limit'
was here
make: *** [file_check/file_check.o] Error 1

MacPorts: 1.4.0
os: Mac OS X 10.4.9
arch: intel

The attached patch eliminates this error, but though I'm fairly
confident that this is a bug, the patch is an appropriate fix and
that it should be reported upstream, I'm not completely sure.  Any
advice that you may have would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)