Mailing List Prefix

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue May 1 10:45:04 PDT 2007

On May 1, 2007, at 1:16 PM, Salvatore Domenick Desiano wrote:

> Have we had the mailng list prefix argument? As my spam increases,
> I find it very useful to be able to visually pick out which items
> are from MacPorts. I'm sure I can write a filter to prepend it on
> my end, but I'm noticing it from a number of other lists recently
> and I find it useful. There is, of course, the counter argument
> about wasting screen real estate. Even [MPD] and [MPU] would help.
>
> -- Sal
> smile.

	Why not use the "List-Id" header field (its value for this list
being "MacPorts project developers list <macports-
dev.lists.macosforge.org>") to rule based filter messages sent to
this list? You can create a mailbox and send all these messages in
there, just a suggestions (which works dandy for me!)

	Regards,...

-jmpp