Maintainer but not committer with update: Submitted a Trac ticket, now I just wait?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon May 7 12:22:47 PDT 2007

On May 5, 2007, at 2:47 AM, Boey Maun Suang wrote:
> The problem is that, at the moment, Trac does not automatically
> send a notification email to the assignee of a ticket, so you need
> to put the assignee's email address into the Cc: field.  I don't
> know whether or not anyone is trying to fix this problem, but it is
> documented [1].

It's likely that the fix is to add always_notify_owner = true to the
[notification] section of the trac.ini file.

There may be some other reason why this isn't set, though.

> I agree, however that it should at least be linked to from [2];
> I'll try to do that in the next day or so.  There is also a
> macports-tickets@ mailing list that ostensibly has mail posted to
> it by Trac whenever a ticket is opened, but I've never received
> anything from it; does anyone know why this feature isn't working
> either?

I think I briefly saw tickets being sent to the list, but I haven't
seen them in a while. That would correspond to either the
smtp_alwyas_bcc or smtp_always_cc settings.

Again, I don't know why it's not currently enabled.

--
Daniel J. Luke