MacPorts v1.4.40 released for self update

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon May 7 23:10:54 PDT 2007

On May 7, 2007, at 9:59 PM, James Berry wrote:

> Here's the change log:
>
> James
>
> Release 1.4.40 (7-May-2007, tagged at r24909 by jberry):

James,

Thanks for pushing this release out.

Did the changes to bz2 make it in in the unarchive?  I didn't see the
revisions in this list.

Also, I tried to figure out on branches/release_1_4 what's been
merged in and there's no information in the log message on what
revisions were merged from trunk.  The one place that svn isn't great
is in merge tracking support; without an explicit log message or
other tool to keep track of what's been merged, there's no way to
tell what's been merged.  So I request we do the following:

1) Document the revisions merged into the branch in the log message.
2) Switch to using svnmerge.py for the next branch 1.5.  This will
allow us to see what revisions have been merged.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.