Disallow + in portnames

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue May 8 10:11:33 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 12:52 PM, James Berry wrote:

>>> Well, we got 'em now. Now what? Do we rename the two ports or
>>> expand the regex?
>>
>> I exanded the regex to allow + in portnames (r24929), at least
>> until something else is decided ;)
>
> I'm inclined, by the way, to disallow the +, as I think it leads to
> other problems. We have only two ports with plus signs:
>
> %port list 'name:\+'
> p5-text-tabs+wrap              @2006.0711      perl/p5-text-tabs+wrap
> pcre++                         @0.9.5          devel/pcre++
>

> I propose that these two be changed, and that I remove the + sign
> allowance. Any dissent?
>
> James

	I second the move, + signs have caused lots of problems before (at
times needing several escapes to even mildly work) and lots of ports
(some of them pertaining to C++ development) have already been moved
to a *xx naming scheme. These two should be pcrexx and p5-text-
tabsxwrap (or something...), respectively.

-jmpp