Disallow + in portnames

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Tue May 8 09:52:42 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 9:24 AM, James Berry wrote:

>>> The two good ones have plusses in them (and I thought we weren't
>>> going to have plusses in port names?)
>>
>> Well, we got 'em now. Now what? Do we rename the two ports or
>> expand the regex?
>
> I exanded the regex to allow + in portnames (r24929), at least
> until something else is decided ;)

I'm inclined, by the way, to disallow the +, as I think it leads to
other problems. We have only two ports with plus signs:

%port list 'name:\+'
p5-text-tabs+wrap              @2006.0711      perl/p5-text-tabs+wrap
pcre++                         @0.9.5          devel/pcre++

I propose that these two be changed, and that I remove the + sign
allowance. Any dissent?

James