Am I opening tickets improperly

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Fri May 18 03:50:01 PDT 2007

Hi Glen,

> All of my tickets (except 1 against trac) are against the base, and
> so following the TracTicketing page on the wiki, I've labeled them
> with version numbers like base-1.4.40, just me in cc:

That explains part of the problem; as described in MaintainingAPort
[1], the current setup for Trac for some reason only sends emails to
addresses placed in Cc:; it doesn't do so automatically to the
reporter or the assignee.

> Are there folks that scan all the recent tickets against base?

There might be, but I don't know.  My skills with base are limited,
so I don't check those tickets very frequently.

I'm sure that people who work more frequently on base have better
ideas, but my best suggestions at this point are:

  (a) to assign the ticket to a particular developer if you can
identify a relevant one; and
  (b) to make sure that whomever you assign the ticket to is also
placed into the Cc: field.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--