[25475] trunk/dports/lang/itcl/Portfile

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Tue May 22 12:56:06 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 12:09
PM -0800 wrote:
>> Get tcl headers by downloading the full tcl from sourceforge
>> instead of a custom tarball on the defunct opendarwin site.
>
>Since your port depends on port:tcl, wouldn't it be better to use the
>tcl tarball already downloaded by the tcl port, rather than download
>it again? I believe someone recently posted instructions on how to do
>that.

... oops, wrong address for macports-dev.  Resending to there.

Ryan,

If tcl were not already installed it would be better.  But what about when
the tcl port is already installed?  In that case it would still need to be
fetched again since those headers aren't installed by the tcl port, and
they can't be because of problems it creates.

Mark