[25475] trunk/dports/lang/itcl/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 24 21:45:47 PDT 2007

On May 22, 2007, at 14:56, Mark Duling wrote:

>>> Get tcl headers by downloading the full tcl from sourceforge
>>> instead of a custom tarball on the defunct opendarwin site.
>>
>> Since your port depends on port:tcl, wouldn't it be better to use the
>> tcl tarball already downloaded by the tcl port, rather than download
>> it again? I believe someone recently posted instructions on how to do
>> that.
>
> If tcl were not already installed it would be better.  But what
> about when
> the tcl port is already installed?  In that case it would still
> need to be
> fetched again since those headers aren't installed by the tcl port,
> and
> they can't be because of problems it creates.

You may need to extract the tcl tarball again, but you don't need to
download it from the tcl web site again. Look at the tcl and tk
portfiles. They both set

dist_subdir     tcltk

You could do that in itcl too and then you could pick up the tcl
tarball already in that directory.

I suppose this would have the side effect of putting the itcl tarball
there too. I don't know if there's a way to use different tarballs
from (or download different tarballs to) different directories....