1.6 release?

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Mon Nov 5 23:48:34 PST 2007

Juan Manuel Palacios <jmpp at macports.org> writes:
>-) documentation people, can we count on rewritten man pages to go
>with 1.6? How far off is the new guide?

I think it will be awhile before the man pages and guide are done, but
work is ongoing I think both are probably now as useful and complete as
the old ones, and they are organized such that they can continue smoothly
to completion.  Markus Weissman is to be commended for significant
contributions in the last week.  Right now my main goal is surpassing the
old docs so I can forget about them.  I think that goal is fairly close.
Maybe within a few weeks?

Mark