1.6 release?

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Nov 6 09:25:19 PST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 3:48 AM, markd at macports.org wrote:

> Juan Manuel Palacios <jmpp at macports.org> writes:
>> -) documentation people, can we count on rewritten man pages to go
>> with 1.6? How far off is the new guide?
>
> I think it will be awhile before the man pages and guide are done, but
> work is ongoing I think both are probably now as useful and
> complete as
> the old ones, and they are organized such that they can continue
> smoothly
> to completion.  Markus Weissman is to be commended for significant
> contributions in the last week.  Right now my main goal is
> surpassing the
> old docs so I can forget about them.  I think that goal is fairly
> close.
> Maybe within a few weeks?

	Great to see all the advances, kudos!

	Overall, you think we should ship 1.6 with the old man pages still
in place or will the new ones be able to replace them, even if not
100% finished? Also, how are you planning to generate their troff
incarnations out of the xml sources? We do need to offer something
when a user types "man port" ;-)

	Regards,...

-jmpp