/Library/Frameworks violates layout

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Nov 6 08:51:42 PST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 11:01 AM, N_Ox wrote:

> Le 6 nov. 07 à 07:05, Juan Manuel Palacios a écrit :
>

>> 	So, do we have an agreement on this? Any objections to turning on
>> warnings against /Library/Frameworks in the upcoming MacPorts 1.6?
>> I support to move to discourage writing to that directory, gcc's -
>> F flag should allow any application needing a framework to look
>> for it under prefix, just as Anders makes it clean in his message.
>> Any reason why we *shouldn't* move our frameworks into prefix?
>>
>> 	And as for macports1.0, we can still rely on configure's --with-
>> tclpackage flag to place it inside prefix in customized
>> installations.
>>
>> 	Regards,...
>>

>> -jmpp
>>
>> <snip>
>
> Does --with-tclpackage add some tcl code to the beginning of the
> port executable to add the path to ${auto_path}?

	Code is added to the port executable, yes, but only in the form of:

----------
(from trunk/base/src/port/Makefile)
----------
edit = sed \
         -e 's, at TCLSH\@,$(TCLSH),g' \
         -e 's, at TCL_PACKAGE_DIR\@,$(TCL_PACKAGE_DIR),g'
----------
($(TCL_PACKAGE_DIR) being received from autoconf through --with-
tclpackage)
----------

	So that:

----------
(from trunk/base/src/port/port.tcl)
catch {source \
     [file join "@TCL_PACKAGE_DIR@" macports1.0 macports_fastload.tcl]}
package require macports

	The result is that the port executable is able to load the
macports1.0 package, wherever it's put by autoconf (/Library/Tcl
being the default). But I don't know about ${auto_path}, I don't
think anything about the tcl package is added to it; why are you
interested in that?

-jmpp