1.6 release?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 6 11:26:49 PST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 11:50, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:
>
>> "port lint" (which is still a tad broken)
>
> 	How broken? Anything too big that might prompt you to keep it from
> shipping? Or is it just lacking some polishing that we could wait for?

Its category checker is overzealous. For example if you "sudo port
lint phpmyadmin" you get "Error: Unknown category: php". True, there
is no top-level category directory called "php", but we decided that
extra "virtual" categories aren't really a problem, so long as the
"main" (first) category listed in the portfile is in fact the
category directory the port is in. So this should be fixed before
releasing 1.6. Otherwise people see the output of port lint and go
removing all sorts of allegedly invalid categories when they
shouldn't necessarily be doing that.