1.6 release?

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Nov 6 09:50:30 PST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>
>> -) does any developer in particular plan to include new features/
>> improvements in the near future? If so, do these entail any
>> obvious instability we should account for?
>
> The "mpkg" target is left to update to PackageMaker,

	Can I wait for this before branching...? ;-)

> and rpm/python/yum/smart/etc will be updated to RPM 4.5 and Python
> 2.5 at some point (currently using RPM 4.4 and Python 2.4)

	Well, if you're referring to individual ports, those updates can go
in at any time. Or do you plan to do anything in base with them?

> "port lint" (which is still a tad broken)

	How broken? Anything too big that might prompt you to keep it from
shipping? Or is it just lacking some polishing that we could wait for?

> and build.jobs/build.nice/configure.ccache/configure.distcc are the
> biggest additions to MacPorts 1.6 that I have done (as well as some
> feature improvements like LZMA and XAR).

	Every pleased with all the work you've done so far and for having
brought you in! Keep it up, kudos!

> Unless the new interface (GUI) and new packages (RPM) are ready to
> go in time for the 1.6.0 release, which I'm somewhat doubting
> whether it's even reasonable and realistic. And they could just as
> well go in a "MacPorts 2.0" ?

	/me starts writing the 2.0 ChangeLog ;-)