1.6 release?

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Tue Nov 6 12:05:47 PST 2007

Juan Manuel Palacios <jmpp at macports.org> writes:
>	Content organization put aside, we have to figure a way to tie "make
>man" in the doc-new dir with our make system in trunk/base, so that

1)
>the regular "./configure && make && make install" dance (called
>either when installing from source of while selfupdating) gets a set
>of shiny new pages....

2)
>or are you thinking of regen'ing them manually
>in trunk/doc-new and copying them over to trunk/base/doc/ when you
>think it's OK to "cut a release" for them?

I would think option 1 would be best, unless there is a consensus
otherwise.  I'm cc'ing doc team on this.  I'd prefer "live" docs with head
as now.  I haven't thought about what Makefile changes would be necessary,
and since the other doc team members are better programmers, I probably
wouldn't be the one to do it anyway.

Mark