1.6 release?

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Mon Nov 12 10:37:43 PST 2007

Juan Manuel Palacios <jmpp at macports.org> writes:
>we're all just gonna have to agree to not touch trunk/base/doc lest
>our input there is rewritten by their work. Committers/contributors
>are most encouraged to submit their documentation patches/enhancements
>as attachments to tickets in the "Website & Documentation" milestone
>in our Roadmap.

I agree that committing doc changes via Trac tickets is the best way, but
I think that until the docs settle out a bit that it isn't feasible for
everyone to do that.  I think that at some point (hopefully soon) we'll
discourage commits without Trac tickets, but I think right now the docs
aren't filled out enough for us to get enough much benefit from that, and
it can discourage people with enough knowledge to make the changes
directly who may not have time or incentive to jump through all the hoops.
 We've had some great commits recently from Markus, for example, and we're
still adding new manpages.  When the changes become more incremental, and
I think we're not too far off, I think all that can change.

Mark