Change in commit mails format

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Sat Nov 17 22:13:49 PST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 10:33 PM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> On 2007-11-17 01:51:59 -0400, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>> 	If we remove that reply-to field and you reply to a commit mail,
>> your
>> message will go directly to the committer and you'll miss this list
>> (a
>> valid case scenario). If you reply-all then you get the committer and
>> changes... So, in short, I'm a bit lost as to how to achieve
>> committer +
>> dev list. Advise?
>
> The "Reply-To:" header should contain both the committer and the
> dev list. Then a simple "reply" should include all the addresses
> of the "Reply-To:" header.

	Right, heh, simple enough, both addresses on the Reply-To header ;-)

	I still have to find where that header is being set, since the
relevant field on the mailing list administration page doesn't have
any value (i.e. Mailman itself doesn't seem to be setting the Reply-To
we currently have on those messages, so I'm guessing it's the post-
commit hook itself doing it).

	Regards,...

-jmpp