1.6.0 rc2 created (Was Re: [31193] branches/release_1_6/base/src)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 18 01:23:36 PST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 00:20, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> And while we're at it, I just created an rc2 tag for 1.6.0,
> differing from rc1 only in James' turning readline support into an
> optional configuration (r31139-31139 and merged into the
> release_1_6 branch in r31190) and in the Tcl cd command hiding
> reversion thing (r31193 only in the release_1_6 branch). Every
> developer/committer should reinstall MacPorts off this tag and test
> as extensively as possible!

Apparently the lack of readline is making interactive mode very
strange. Note how the prompt doesn't appear until after the thing I
typed.

$ port
MacPorts 1.600
Entering interactive mode... ("help" for help, "quit" to quit)
info sed
Error: Port sed not found
info gsed
[macports/base] > [macports/base] > gsed 4.1.5, Revision 1, textproc/
gsed (Variants: universal, nls, with_default_names)
http://www.gnu.org/software/sed/

Sed (streams editor) isn't really a true text editor or text
processor. Instead, it is used to filter text, i.e., it takes text
input and performs some operation (or set of operations) on it and
outputs the modified text. Sed is typically used for extracting part
of a file using pattern matching or substituting multiple occurances
of a string within a file.

Platforms: darwin
Maintainers: nox at macports.org
exit
[macports/base] > Goodbye
$

For comparison, here's the same exchange with 1.6.0-rc1:

$ port
MacPorts 1.600
Entering interactive mode... ("help" for help, "quit" to quit)
[macports/base] > info sed
Error: Port sed not found
[macports/base] > info gsed

Maintainers: nox at macports.org