Trac emails -- how to stop getting them

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 18 20:48:57 PST 2007

So it used to be that you would only get emails from Trac if you put
your email address in the ticket's Cc line. This was a rather broken
design, but was how it was. I often went thru and added reporter and
assignee to the Cc list of all sorts of tickets. Didn't add myself
because they weren't my ports. I also sometimes added small comments
to tickets, such as suggesting that it was a duplicate of another
ticket. Again, not my issue, so I didn't add myself to the Cc line. I
didn't care to hear any further discussion on those issues, since I
wasn't using the ports in question. Whenever I wanted to become part
of the discussion, I added myself to the Cc line.

Now that Trac is fixed, it seems to be sending me mails about every
ticket I've ever touched. I don't care about, for example, issue
#12994, but I keep getting email about it. I'm not the reporter, the
assignee, or on the Cc list; I just added a comment at some point.
How do I stop getting email about that ticket, and others I don't
care about? Is there an "unsubscribe me from this ticket" button
somewhere that I'm overlooking? I had trouble keeping up with
relevant ticket mails before; now it's become much more difficult as
I have to sift through the irrelevant ticket mails to get to the
relevant ones.