Trac emails -- how to stop getting them

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Mon Nov 19 02:25:54 PST 2007

On 18 Nov 2007, at 23:48, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> So it used to be that you would only get emails from Trac if you
> put your email address in the ticket's Cc line. This was a rather
> broken design, but was how it was. I often went thru and added
> reporter and assignee to the Cc list of all sorts of tickets.
> Didn't add myself because they weren't my ports. I also sometimes
> added small comments to tickets, such as suggesting that it was a
> duplicate of another ticket. Again, not my issue, so I didn't add
> myself to the Cc line. I didn't care to hear any further discussion
> on those issues, since I wasn't using the ports in question.
> Whenever I wanted to become part of the discussion, I added myself
> to the Cc line.
>
> Now that Trac is fixed, it seems to be sending me mails about every
> ticket I've ever touched. I don't care about, for example, issue
> #12994, but I keep getting email about it. I'm not the reporter,
> the assignee, or on the Cc list; I just added a comment at some
> point. How do I stop getting email about that ticket, and others I
> don't care about? Is there an "unsubscribe me from this ticket"
> button somewhere that I'm overlooking? I had trouble keeping up
> with relevant ticket mails before; now it's become much more
> difficult as I have to sift through the irrelevant ticket mails to
> get to the relevant ones.

You may want to double check that you are not subscribed to the
macports-tickets mailing list. Turns out I was subscribed twice to
that list at two different email addresses...

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com
http://shyramblings.blogspot.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."