New website done!

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 22 11:28:55 PST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	http://apollo.homeunix.net/macports .... I am most glad to say,
> finally done!
>
> 	I am quite happy with how it turned out, but I am aware it could,
> both, see many improvements to what's there now (it feels a tad
> toooo wordy in some places, for instance) and, also, general
> improvements going forward (flow redesign, reworked sections, new
> ones, yanked ones, integration with James' mpwa, whatever...).
>
> 	But in any case that's what we have for now and what I'll be
> rolling live along our 1.6.0 release. Once again I tell you, review
> and feedback are most welcomed so don't be shy to speak up if you
> have anything to say, but at this point in the game I'm afraid I
> will not be able to make any structural changes for the time being
> (for one, my current share of spare time is running out).
>
> 	So, overall, enjoy our new project website! Thanks to all those who
> participated and provided feedback and help, specially to Chris for
> providing the basic structural design, artwork and CSS, much
> appreciated!
>
> 	Regards,...
>

> -jmpp

very nice indeed!

on the installation page:

"By far the simplest intallation procedure" should
be ....installation...

More important, further down the page has:

Add an appropriate X11 DISPLAY environment variable to run X11
dependent programs.

Im not sure you wish to do that with Leopard.  In my own case, I have
no ~/.xinitrc nor any DISPLAY=0.0 (or any other value), and this seems
to give the best results.....
(in other words letting the system set configuration for me.)

The site looks great overall. :)

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.1 Darwin 9.1.0