Some more infrastructure changes: trac & svn mails

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Nov 26 19:05:27 PST 2007

	So after thanksgiving week, I was able to get back in touch with Bill
and coordinated with him some of the changes we discussed here last
week:

-) commit mails now have both this list and author in the reply to
header, so a simple reply to the message will get those two on the
recipients list;

-) this will be the same for the revprop post-commit hook when it
works: Bill set it up for us already but something seems to be
blocking the mails, as I edited a typo in a log message of mine
yesterday and no mail got through; he'll be looking into it shortly.
On a side note, in testing this hook Bill triggered a re-sync of the
Trac db against all our subversion commits, so as to figure out how to
best accomplish this "Trac refresh" when a revprop is edited; the
downside is that commits will be inaccessible through Trac for a while
(hopefully just minutes), but on the plus side all logs that have been
edited (and other revprops too, of course) since whenever (r1 ;-) will
now be reflected in Trac;

-) Trac mails for ticket activity have been changed to use the
'explicit_cc' feature, so that recipients are in their corresponding
to and/or cc field, thus no longer generating "implicit destination"
errors from mailing lists and/or spam filters;

-) notification for ticket updaters (whoever participates in a ticket,
even if it is to change a single field) has been turned off, as
requested here; anyone with an interest to stay in the loop of a
ticket should add him/her-self to the Cc field of said ticket;

	Let me know if there are any problem with these changes, I'll
coordinate with Bill any necessary troubleshooting. Regards,....

-jmpp