Trac ticket mails: default owner for base, ports & www components

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 27 23:07:47 PST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 00:55, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>>> From what I can see it should be possible to add custom fields to
>>> the
>> trac system. How about adding these two fields:
>> + portcategory
>> + portname
>> as (mandatory) fields ?
>
> Not a good idea since you can also file bugs against base code,
> docs or
> the website.

Right, and I don't think anybody needs the category field. So, if
anything, we could add a non-mandatory port name field to the ticket
interface.

However, I like having the ticket name in the summary, so that it's
visible in search results (not to mention, findable by searching the
summary). Thus, we should encourage people to put the portname in the
summary, and not add any new fields.