Trac ticket mails: default owner for base, ports & www components

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Nov 27 23:42:13 PST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 3:07 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> trac system. How about adding these two fields:
>>> + portcategory
>>> + portname
>>> as (mandatory) fields ?
>>
>> Not a good idea since you can also file bugs against base code,
>> docs or
>> the website.
>
> Right, and I don't think anybody needs the category field. So, if
> anything, we could add a non-mandatory port name field to the ticket
> interface.
>
> However, I like having the ticket name in the summary, so that it's
> visible in search results (not to mention, findable by searching the
> summary). Thus, we should encourage people to put the portname in
> the summary, and not add any new fields.

	The port name in the summary would be a sound enhancement, most
definitely (sorry if I can't say more at the moment about this thread,
haven't been able to keep up). Reading http://geeklair.net/new_macports_guide/#project.tickets
  and suggesting a patch to Mark for inclusion in the guide would help
a lot to make it happen ;-)

	Regards,...

-jmpp