Trac ticket mails: default owner for base, ports & www components

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Nov 29 22:22:08 PST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 2:16 AM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2007, at 12:06 AM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>

>> 	Now that Trac mailing features are working for us, does it still
>> make sense to have this list, dev, as the default owner for the
>> base, ports & www components of tickets? As you may have already
>> seen, if we keep it like that we're going to start getting a lot of
>> mail for a lot of tickets here.
>>
>> 	I say we change the default owner to the tickets list for ports
>> with no real owners, as activity on them will no longer be lost to
>> an eternal black hole. Anyone against it?
>>
>> 	Regards,...
>>

>> -jmpp
>

> 	So, after only a single day of Trac mails coming to this list
> because of the default owner of some of the ticket components, I
> feel the need to change that to macports-tickets is more than
> obvious now. Not only because of the sheer quantity of mails, but
> also because macports-tickets is the right list them (the only
> reason why this one was chosen as the default owner is because back
> then Trac mailing functionality was disabled, and as a result no one
> payed attention to the tickets list).
>
> 	I'll be switching the default owner for the base, ports & www
> components to macports-tickets shortly, but first Bill and I need to
> figure some stuff out about valid ticket owners, who's on that list
> and how to keep it up to date.
>
> 	Regards,...
>

> -jmpp

	If anyone is wondering why I still haven't completed this and we're
still getting Trac mail on this list, Bill and I are working out some
details about the assignee list for tickets on Trac, which was shrunk
when we upgraded to Trac 0.10.4 and currently does not contain
macports-tickets as an allowed assignee, so therefore I cannot set it
as default owner for tickets.

	I'l inform of progress (Trac mail on this list is getting so
seriously annoying! -- not to mention that we're failing to
concentrate this information in the single place where it should be,
the tickets list)

-jmpp