Website & documentation updates

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Tue Oct 9 22:21:49 PDT 2007

Hi Juan,

> 	What I committed to 'install.php' is basically a) what was in the
> old 'getmp.php' page, plus b) some suggestions taken from this list
> (Ryan's and Chris', IIRC), and c) hints taken from the wiki doc
> "InstallingMacPorts". I believe we should reorganize these three
> sources by first taking from the wiki doc what's useful and then
> obliterating it, following with a reduction of 'install.php' to
> some smart cues that lead users in smart ways into specific
> sections of the new guide (where content from the other two sources
> should be concentrated). Any one up to the plate for this?

I've been having a go at this for the last few days, but my view of
how it should look is a bit different from the current structure, and
I think some feedback before I go too far down the road would be
advisable, so I'm not going to commit it just now.  Would it be
better for me to upload what I have as a proposed patch, and/or put a
demo page on my website, or do something else?

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)