Website & documentation updates

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Oct 9 22:51:26 PDT 2007

	Hello Simon!

On Oct 9, 2007, at 4:38 PM, Simon Ruderich wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:40:44AM -0400, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>>
>> 	Hello documentation team! (and, of course, anyone else who wants
>> to lend a
>> hand for the heavy lifting ;-)
>>
>> 	Regards,....
>>
>> -jmpp
>
> Hi Juan,
>
> first I want to apologize for my late reply. But I'm very busy at
> the moment.

	Help most welcome at any time! ;-)

> I like your idea very much and think this is the best way to go. We
> really
> need that new web page.
>
> I already made a minor checkin and I have ideas for some others.
>
> As I'm a bit busy at the moment, I hope I can go on with the
> documentation as
> soon as possible, but I still need some days. Then I will try to
> merge the
> Trac pages into our guide so we can remove them (or let them point
> to the
> guide sections).

	This would be a really good move, kudos for taking the initiative!
Only comment I'd like to make is: order does matter in this case, as
having at least some documentation is better than none (even if
misplaced ;-). So could removal of these wiki docs be performed only
after the corresponding content has been added to the guide?

> Thanks,
> Simon

	Cheers!

-jmpp