I thought daemondo could restart stuff

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Fri Oct 19 14:52:08 PDT 2007

So I have a perl script I want to start and keep running.  I had
documented the startupitem.pidfile per list feedback as shown:

startupitem.pidfile
This keyword must be defined properly for daemondo to be able to monitor
daemons launched via “script” StartupItems and restart them if they die.
It specifies two things: a process id (PID) file handling method, and a
pidfile name and path.

So I have a startupitem that created a pidfile.  If the pidfile isn't
created properly daemondo keeps starting more instances so I know it makes
sure it starts up, but after the script is running if I kill it (to
simulate the script dying abnormally) daemondo never restarts it.

Isn't daemondo supposed to restart it if startup.pidfile is defined?  I
can't use startupitem executable for a perl script.

Mark