daemondo is not restarting processes that die

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Fri Oct 19 14:52:08 PDT 2007

Daemondo is not restarting a process for me that dies.  I am sure it is
tracking the script's pid correctly (using startupitem.pidfile) and I have
setup logging to verify all this.  At first I did not have the startupitem
pidfile configured properly and daemondo kept starting more instances of
the daemon, which was a good sign to me that it was looking for the
pidfile, using it, and might in fact restart a process that died.

But after fixing the startupitem.pidfile properly, if I kill the script
(to simulate the script dying abnormally) daemondo never restarts it.  Or
is kiling it using the Unix kill command a valid test?  Is there a bug in
daemondo?  It isn't behaving as the main.c comments (or our documentation)
say it should.  I have never explicitly tested it before, and I'm not sure
anyone else has either so it seems like a bug.

Mark