[30149] trunk/dports/gnome/gnome-doc-utils

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Tue Oct 23 01:24:30 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> File suffixes suck...
>
> File suffixes are useful because they enable you to associate files
> with applications by file extension. When I doubleclick a file called
> "README" on my Mac it opens into TextEdit. I hate TextEdit and do not
> wish to use it, but because the filename has no extension, I cannot
> inform the OS that I would like it to open into TextWrangler instead.
> Same with files named Portfile or Makefile or whatever else.

I'm sure it could be set up to accept "foo.port" in addition to
"Portfile".
(so that you could associate the .port extension with your favorite
editor)

But maybe it should rather be a bundle, with all the other files needed
too ?
Then again, there's already the ".portpkg" for a port with all needed
files...

--anders

http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/users/jberry/mpwa/doc/
portpkg-design.txt