passing params to startupitem.executable / portfile.7

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Sat Oct 27 18:27:13 PDT 2007

James,

I've got the startupitems documented as best I can.
http://geeklair.net/new_macports_guide/#reference.portfile

But I have one remaining question.  How could I pass parameters such as
"-d 10 -t 600" to a startupitem.executable?  I'm not sure how to do that.

Also, I think the portfile.7 man page needs to be split up because it is
getting so big.  I propose splitting portfile.7 into four parts.  What do
you think?

portfile-global (global vars & keywords)
portfile-phases (keywords related to phases)
portfile-startupitems
portfile-tcl  (Tcl extensions)

Mark