passing params to startupitem.executable / portfile.7

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Sun Oct 28 08:11:48 PDT 2007

Hi Mark,

On Oct 27, 2007, at 6:27 PM, markd at macports.org wrote:

> James,
>
> I've got the startupitems documented as best I can.
> http://geeklair.net/new_macports_guide/#reference.portfile
>
> But I have one remaining question.  How could I pass parameters such
> as
> "-d 10 -t 600" to a startupitem.executable?  I'm not sure how to do
> that.

I'm pretty sure that if you specify this like:

	startupitem.executable mybinary -d 10 -t 600

that it will work correctly. In other words, don't do the following:

	startupitem.executable "mybinary -d 10 -t 600"

> Also, I think the portfile.7 man page needs to be split up because
> it is
> getting so big.  I propose splitting portfile.7 into four parts.
> What do
> you think?

I guess I'm open to this. I'd love to hear comment from others,
however, And would there still be a portfile.7 manpage that gave
general overview and gets people started?

James