Default compiler suite (was Re:[28325] trunk/dports/graphics/wxWidgets-devel/Portfile)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Sep 1 13:52:13 PDT 2007

On Sep 1, 2007, at 12:45, Landon Fuller wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2007, at 6:07 AM, Weissmann Markus wrote:
>
>> 'portconfigure.tcl' from trunk will chose a default for darwin
>> 7/8/9 (gcc3.3/4.0/4.0). Please test it! Just replacing /opt/local/
>> share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl with http://
>> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/base/src/port1.0/
>> portconfigure.tcl manually should do the trick.
>>
>> This version also fixes a bug that when using configure.compiler
>> every user-added compiler selection (e.g. 'configure.cc /bin/
>> true') was overwritten.
>
> This is going to break ports that require a different compiler, but
> specify the compiler using configure.env, or arguments to configure
> via configure.args.

Then we should start cleaning ports. All those that specify a
different compiler via configure.env should be updated to use
configure.cc, etc. Those that use configure.args (or build.args I've
also seen) should... I don't know, be tested to see if they can
instead use configure.cc (or build.cc, etc.; do we have that?).