Default compiler suite (was Re:[28325] trunk/dports/graphics/wxWidgets-devel/Portfile)

Landon Fuller landonf at macports.org
Sat Sep 1 10:45:57 PDT 2007

On Sep 1, 2007, at 6:07 AM, Weissmann Markus wrote:

> 'portconfigure.tcl' from trunk will chose a default for darwin
> 7/8/9 (gcc3.3/4.0/4.0). Please test it! Just replacing /opt/local/
> share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl with http://
> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/base/src/port1.0/
> portconfigure.tcl manually should do the trick.
>
> This version also fixes a bug that when using configure.compiler
> every user-added compiler selection (e.g. 'configure.cc /bin/true')
> was overwritten.

This is going to break ports that require a different compiler, but
specify the compiler using configure.env, or arguments to configure
via configure.args.
It's a shame that there are no auto-builds, as we don't know what
will break.

At the very least, would you be opposed to a new flag that enables
(or disables) this behavior?

-landonf