PLEASE READ: Whitespace rules

Emmanuel Hainry ehainry at free.fr
Fri Sep 7 10:59:33 PDT 2007

Citando Blair Zajac :
>  Kevin Ballard wrote:
> >  * All source code files SHOULD have the following as the first line of the
> > file:
> >         # -*- Mode: Tcl; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil;
> > c-basic-offset: 4 -*- vim:et:sw=4:ts=4:sts=4
> >     This is a modeline that works for both emacs and vim.
> >  * Portfiles SHOULD use soft tabs at a tabstop of 4, but implementation of
> > this is left up to the discretion of the maintainer.
> >  * Portfiles SHOULD use the given modeline
>
>  The thing we edit the most here is Portfile's, so I would suggest changing
>  all the SHOULD's for Portfile's to MUST's, as that's where I'd like to see
>  the most standardization.

For most Portfiles, the tcl mode is far from useful. From an error I
have discovered that vim's tcsh syntax mode does interesting coloring of
portfiles... Probably the best (for vim users at least) would be to
create a vim syntax file for macports syntax (hence the modeline would
become something like # vim:ft=macports).

Emmanuel