[29367] trunk/base/src/port1.0/portutil.tcl

libc libc.mail at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 07:11:13 PDT 2007

2007/9/22, Anders F Björklund <afb at macports.org>:
> > Revision
> > 29367
> > Author
> > epimenov at macports.org
> > Date
> > 2007-09-22 05:28:53 -0700 (Sat, 22 Sep 2007)
> >
> > Log Message
> > Port trace: add depends_build to configure target.
> >
> > Modified Paths
> >       •       trunk/base/src/port1.0/portutil.tcl
>
> According to the documentation, only "lib" depends
> are checked for the configure target ? (not "build")

atk don't compile with out it.

libc at notebook / $ port deps atk
atk has library dependencies on:
       glib2
libc at notebook / $ port deps glib2
glib2 has build dependencies on:
       pkgconfig
glib2 has library dependencies on:
       gettext
       libiconv

atk depends on glib2 which depends on build time on pkgconfig.

But (!) pkgconfig needed at configure time because it say where
libs/includes is located

libc at notebook / $ pkg-config glib --libs
-L/opt/local/lib -lglib

and ./configure needs pkg-config.

So if we should delete build time deps on configure target, we need to
place pkgconfig in some more appropriate place.

Actually I don't see problem with build deps on configure target.

PS Sorry Anders, I forgot to sent to macports-dev