Determine variant of dependency

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Sep 27 08:58:26 PDT 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Michael Wild wrote:
> I'm writing currently a Portfile for an application which depends
> on port:qt4-mac. Unfortunately, that port has the variant
> +framework which builds the qt4 libraries as frameworks.
> Unfortunately this changes the whole build process for my port. Now
> I would have to determine the variant with which qt4-mac is
> installed in order to able to build my port. Is there any way I can
> do that with the means provided by MacPorts?

nope, as far as I know, that functionality does not currently exist.

... of course, you don't really want to test to see which variant qt4-
mac was installed with, you really want to test to see if it was
built as a framework or not.

You could probably (in the portfile) test to see if the qt4 framework
is installed in /Library/Frameworks or not and adjust your build
accordingly.
--
Daniel J. Luke