Determine variant of dependency

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 02:04:46 PDT 2007

Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Michael Wild wrote:
>> I'm writing currently a Portfile for an application which depends on
>> port:qt4-mac. Unfortunately, that port has the variant +framework
>> which builds the qt4 libraries as frameworks. Unfortunately this
>> changes the whole build process for my port. Now I would have to
>> determine the variant with which qt4-mac is installed in order to able
>> to build my port. Is there any way I can do that with the means
>> provided by MacPorts?
>
> nope, as far as I know, that functionality does not currently exist.
>
> ... of course, you don't really want to test to see which variant
> qt4-mac was installed with, you really want to test to see if it was
> built as a framework or not.
>
> You could probably (in the portfile) test to see if the qt4 framework is
> installed in /Library/Frameworks or not and adjust your build accordingly.
> --
> Daniel J. Luke
> +========================================================+
> | *---------------- dluke at geeklair.net ----------------* |
> | *-------------- http://www.geeklair.net -------------* |
> +========================================================+
> |   Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily   |
> |          reflect the opinions of my employer.          |

Thanks for the answer.

But did you really mean /Library/Frameworks? Or
${prefix}/Library/Frameworks? Currently qt4-mac installs the frameworks
(probably quite unfortunately) into ${prefix}/lib.

To find out which variant is installed, I'm using now "file isdirectory
${prefix}/lib/QtCore.framework" in my Portfile. Seems to work...

Michael