gcc42 fails to build with texinfo 4.11

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Sun Sep 30 18:36:45 PDT 2007

On 2007-10-01 10:59:48 +1000, Boey Maun Suang wrote:
> I can confirm that I get the same problem trying to build port:gcc41.  I
> haven't the time to read the upstream mailing list just now (thanks for the
> link), but, assuming that this is considered a bug in Texinfo that will be
> fixed, I'd suggest downgrading if the GCC maintainers don't intend to apply
> patches to older GCC release lines.

This is not a bug in texinfo, but in gcc's configure.ac file, which
assumes that texinfo 4.11 is older than texinfo 4.4 (their regexp is
buggy). The only way to fix the problem on the texinfo side would be
to release texinfo 5.0.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>