gcc42 fails to build with texinfo 4.11

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun Sep 30 21:32:54 PDT 2007

On 01/10/2007, at 11:36, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> This is not a bug in texinfo, but in gcc's configure.ac file, which
> assumes that texinfo 4.11 is older than texinfo 4.4 (their regexp is
> buggy). The only way to fix the problem on the texinfo side would be
> to release texinfo 5.0.

(shakes head in disbelief)

So, as a workaround, would there be any problems in recommending
deactivating texinfo before installing affected ports, and then
reactivating texinfo after?  (I'm assuming that Mac OS X >= 10.2.0
have makeinfo installed with the BSD subsystem; it's 4.7 on 10.4.10
here.)

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--