A RoadMap for MacPorts

George Armah armahg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:29:40 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am a GSoC applicant who has been following the Ticket#14796(pike):
please commit email
thread. There was a mention of the need of some sort of RoadMap for
MacPorts (possibly)
on the Wiki and this is to second that suggestion.

After interacting with some of your developers for a while, I have
gained the impression
that much more work needs to be done on MacPorts but exactly what and
exactly how
hasn't been made that clear (or collected in one place).
Also, it seems like there are a lot of dependencies for some of these
tasks but that also hasn't been documented anywhere (afaik).

A RoadMap would be most helpful for newcomers like me who might be looking
to contribute to Port Development (i.e. source code) and will be wondering
how their interests might fit into MacPorts' "big picture to-do list".
It would also
(hopefully) lead to some consensus on what needs to be done and a
general idea
of how MacPorts would want to go about doing it.

Thanks for reading my suggestion,

George Armah.