FreeType crasher: how to recompile ?

Yann Corno yann+macports at daysofwonder.com
Thu Aug 21 00:21:58 PDT 2008

Dear MacPorts people:

Following up on this, I finally found the solution. Maybe I was not
recompiling properly FreeType, or maybe the little additional changes I
made in the configure.args options made it work. Anyway, it works, so I
am not going to touch it again ;-)

Here is the procedure:

* Uninstall Freetype:

sudo port uninstall -f freetype     # The -f option will force the
un-install despite other packages dependencies

* Edit the portfile:

sudo port edit freetype
# In the editor, change the configure.args option like this:
configure.args \
     --with-old-mac-fonts=no \
     --with-quickdraw-toolbox=no --with-quickdraw-carbon=no

* Save the portfile, then re-install Freetype:

sudo port install freetype

If you have any comments, I'll be happy to hear them :-)

Thanks for your attention,

Yann