About porting mesa3d

Andrea D'Amore andrea.damore at macports.org
Wed Dec 10 23:23:47 PST 2008

Lately I was trying to build an app that had mesa3d in requirements, I
didn't even check if Leopard had it (it does btw) and after searching
in ports I built the portfile. The portfile breaks ${prefix}
directory tree at destroot phase as it tries to install stuff in /usr/
X11 , being cloesly tied to X11 .

After the recent discussion on Xqartz moving to ports how should
mesa3d (libGL and so) port be handled? And should it have some "-
software" in name to specify it's not hw accelerated?

Andrea