About porting mesa3d

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Thu Dec 11 14:48:33 PST 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 23:23, Andrea D'Amore wrote:

> Lately I was trying to build an app that had mesa3d in requirements,
> I didn't even check if Leopard had it (it does btw) and after
> searching in ports I built the portfile. The portfile breaks $
> {prefix}  directory tree at destroot phase as it tries to install
> stuff in /usr/X11 , being cloesly tied to X11 .
>
> After the recent discussion on Xqartz moving to ports how should
> mesa3d (libGL and so) port be handled? And should it have some "-
> software" in name to specify it's not hw accelerated?

I pushed some patches to mesa-7.2_branch a while back that will let it
build with just 'make darwin' ... you can set RC_ARCHS="ppc i386" to
make it build universal.  The 'INSTALL_DIR' sets the prefix, so you'll
need to get the Portfile to do:

make darwin RC_ARCHS="ppc i386" INSTALL_DIR="${prefix}"
make install INSTALL_DIR="${prefix}" DESTDIR=...

I haven't even looked at mesa in macports right now, so I have no idea
what state it's in, but I thuroughly simplified things upstream, so
hopefully you can clean it up (if not, poke me, and I'll throw it in
my queue).

--Jeremy