[MacPorts] #14062: Website does not render properly in IE7

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 19 21:46:51 PST 2008

On Dec 19, 2008, at 09:32, Marco Battistella wrote:

> http://www.macports.com repose is correct, when "application/xhtml
> +xml" is accepted the header response is  application/xhtml+xml and
> when it is not the header response is text/html
> for some reason when requesting http://www.macports.com/ports.php
> the response is always application/xhtml+xml
>
> I re-adapted a small php script i had written some time ago to
> allow to test the pages behavior with or without the Accept:
> application/xhtml+xml header.
>
> The little script works from the command line like this:
> $ php testGet.php -uri http://www.macports.org -accept ie7
> or
> $ php testGet.php -uri http://www.macports.org -accept safari
> or
> $ php testGet.php -uri http://www.macports.org/ports.php -accept ie7
>
> you get the point.
> It is a "works in my machine" type of script but i don't see why it
> should not work in yours as well ;-)
> It will return the header and then the content.
>
> I am part of this thread because i had originally sent a
> modification suggestion for this issue, i'm not a macports
> developer or a macports website maintainer but I could have a look
> at the code if you guys think it would help.
> If so what path should i use to do a checkout with subversion
> (without downloading the whole macport project, just the relevant
> part of the site, please)....

You can get the web site code here:

http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/www

I haven't yet understood why I seem to be getting different behavior
out of the different pages (and even different behavior of http://
www.macports.org/ vs. http://www.macports.org/index.php ) when
they're all including the same common code to handle the headers.