Splitting the guide

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Sat Feb 16 14:46:33 PST 2008

>        Hey guys!
>
>        The guide is advancing so nicely that I'm afraid we've hit the
>point
>when it's maybe becoming a tad too large for a single page, wouldn't
>y'all think?
>
>        Every time I have to load a section of the guide a have a moment
>of
>hesitation in fear of loading such a large document! At this point in
>time, wouldn't it be better to have a single html page per chapter?
>
>        Just my thoughts,...
>

>-jmpp

Juan,

Well I agree it is really too big, but on the other hand we hated to split
it and have cumbersome "forward" and "back" buttons.  Also it makes
searching easier in one page, but then I suppose indexing might solve
that.  But then maybe a page for each chapter wouldn't be too bad.  I
guess we should experiment and see how it looks and drives.

Mark