Different dmgs for different felines

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Jan 8 13:14:35 PST 2008

	Even though I do believe that Universal building is a bit of a waste
of space more often than not for most, I do buy into the simplicity
such builds report for users that only have to go looking for a single
download link. Maybe Markus could advise us on how we could achieve
this through the MacPorts Portfile (sudo port dmg MacPorts)?

	In any case, for the time being while we have separate dmg's for
different felines, I already cleared up a bit the instructions on www.macports.org/install.php
  so that it's clear which one is needed for each platform.

	Maun Suang, since you reported to me that you already got the Panther
dmg built, and that the errors you're experiencing (ui_prefix)
manifest themselves regardless of whether you install from the dmg or
from source, what would you say about uploading that dmg regardless of
the bug? Kevin introduced some code to hunt down those errors, but
that wont see the light of day until 1.6.1, which is orthogonal to the
dmg.

	Regards,....

-jmpp