tetex/texlive dependencies

Eric Cronin ecronin at macports.org
Mon Jan 14 20:34:08 PST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008, at 4:18 AM, Emmanuel Hainry wrote:

> I am the maintainer of the texlive package (with openmaintainer) and
> since the port exists, the only bugs reported were "does not compile
> in
> leopard" (which is now solved) and "a lex file is not understood by
> macports' lex on ppc" (which was reported and corrected by Simon).
> So It
> seems to me texlive *2007* is stable enough. More, it is the same
> package that is used in openBSD ports and pkgsrc so if there are bugs,
> they should also occur for them.
>
> On the other side, I don't have leopard, my mac is an old powerbook
> ppc
> with little ram (and I use it less and less) hence I cannot test
> deeply
> this package, neither correct bugs or feature requests*. So I would
> encourage anybody interested in tex to join in maintainership.
> Especially when texlive 2008 will appear.

I exercise some of the configurations you don't (leopard, intel,
plenty of disk/mips; 10.3, ppc) so I'm happy to help either implicitly
through openmaintainer or explicitly.  I have considerably less
experience when it comes to *TeX innovations of the past 5 years
(XeTeX in particular) so it would still be good if someone who
exercises the font-heavy side of things were around.

Thanks,
Eric