Creating portfile for program that includes StartupItems script

Brooks Clark mbrooksclark at mac.com
Tue Jan 15 17:36:19 PST 2008

I'm trying to put together a portfile for some software that already compiles
and runs on a Mac. I'd like to make the installation a bit easier, though,
by creating a port, especially since the software already has several
MacPorts dependencies. The software is actually a set of about six or so
daemons that should be run at startup time.

The source code ships with a working StartupItems script.

I've gotten the portfile to the point where it downloads the source,
compiles, and installs the executbles. I'm not having much luck with
the startup script, however.

Can anyone point me to any examples of portfiles that I could use
as a go-by for launching multiple daemons at startup? Is it possible
(preferred?) to just use the StartupItems script that comes with the
software? Any recommendations or suggestions for how to best install
the startup items would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brooks